A big thank you to everyone who came out to Open Mic tonight. It's 11:00pm on this cold chilly night but that doesn't seem to stop these performers. There's a constant flow of vibrant energy in this room. We had 16 performances total, 6 being first time performers at The Canvas! We had an assortment tonight: singing, guitar, violin and guitar duet (it was awesome) and a bit of comedy and beat box.
Mark your calendars for The Canvas 2nd Anniversary, Thursday January 19th! It will be a night you don't want to miss. I hear it will be epic!
All videos from tonight's performances were recorded and will be on the Sunnyvale Canvas YouTube page in a few days.
From everyone here at The Canvas, we wish you a great holiday season and will see you at our next Open Mic which will be Thursday, January 5th!
Thursday, December 15, 2011
In March 2012, the Sunnyvale Art Gallery will be hosting a fundraiser for the Sunnyvale Community Services.
We are asking for donations of original artwork to put on display for an exhibit of miniatures.
Visitors of the gallery will be able to purchase raffle tickets to bid on their favorite artworks. At the end of the show there will be a drawing for each artwork.
100% of the proceeds from the raffle will be going to the Sunnyvale Community Services and their continuous effort to help homelessness and hunger for low-income families and seniors facing temporary crisis. The Sunnyvale Community Service have been around since 1970 and have impacted thousands of families.
We hope you can spread this event to your friends and families!
Participating artists will:
- Have their donated artwork displayed during the month-long show
- Be acknowledged both inside Sunnyvale Art Gallery and on the website
- Be invited to receptions for the show
- Be considered for the "People's Choice Award" given to the artworks that receive the top number of raffle tickets, including $100, $75, and $50 gift certificates towards art supplies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, respectively.
1) Create a miniature artwork. Maximum size for 2-D works is 6x6" or 5x7" with a maximum frame size of 10x10". Maximum size for 3-D works is 5x5x5". Smaller sizes are fine and all mediums are welcome!
2) Complete a form which you may pick up at the Sunnyvale Art Gallery
3) Please bring your artwork into a bag and drop off at the Sunnyvale Art Gallery
You must be age 18 years or older
Only 1 artwork per artist; a maximum of 200 artworks will be accepted. All entries must be received no later than January 15, 2012.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Alvarez-Horine at firstname.lastname@example.org
nothing beats drinking a nice hot delicious mocha. Whoever thought of the concept chocolate and coffee is genius. For those of you that don't know what a mocha is, it is made with chocolate sauce, espresso shots and steamed milk. Your choice of whip cream or not! (Although let's face it having it with whip cream makes it a whole lot prettier)
In addition to regular chocolate sauce we offer sugar free mocha as well!
If you feel adventurous try it with a shot of hazelnut, peppermint or cinnamon!